An online community in support of Christian men seeking to establish their houses in strength, workmanship, and wisdom.
Tyrannus Hall takes its name from the book of Acts:
And [Paul] entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God. But when some became stubborn and continued in unbelief, speaking evil of the Way before the congregation, he withdrew from them and took the disciples with him, reasoning daily in the hall of Tyrannus. (Acts 19:8-9)
Our Hall is a Discord-based community intended to supplement churches. It is not meant as a replacement for a local congregation, but it does serve as a safe haven if you have had to withdraw from one; a place where you can still find fraternity, discipleship, and teaching as you work to re-establish a local community of Christian men who love God’s design for man.
What do you get?
- Access to a private and active Discord community, with 16 topical channels ranging from sex to church to culture to fraternity. Here you can talk with like-minded men, work through issues you are facing, and establish offline friendships. (We aim to keep this group under 100 at any given time, to ensure that discussion doesn’t become a firehose, and men can really get to know and help each other.)
- Access to up to 6 scheduled check-in calls per month, to help you review your goals, your struggles, and your accomplishments with other men. These check-ins are run on Zoom by facilitators we have picked for their trustworthiness and wisdom.
- An ever-growing library of members-only written resources, from notes on quitting porn to papers on biblical theology.
- Monday development sessions on Zoom at 8:30 pm EST. These tend to be 1–2 hours in length, and cover any and every topic impinging on living well as a Christian man. You can join live to participate in Q&A, or you can watch the replays later at your convenience.
- Expert sessions once per month in the Monday slot, where we invite guest experts to teach on areas directly related to masculine pursuits. Some examples include Aaron Renn, A.D. Robles, Craig James, Timothy Reigle and David Murrow. Again, replays will always be available if you can’t make it live.
Requirements for membership
- You must be a man;
- You must subscribe in good conscience to the Apostle’s Creed;
- You must believe in the inerrancy and infallibility of Scripture.
Membership is $35/month. This is about half of other communities of the same nature, primarily because we are still finding our feet and don’t want to oversell it.
That said, we do expect that you’ll find great value in Tyrannus Hall. The first few months will be especially helpful. As this takes effect in your life, you may find that you need your membership less and less. This is good; we are about teaching men to fish, not dispensing fish to them. We therefore don’t require any long-term commitments, and we don’t offer any long-term payment discounts. The only commitment we ask for is 3 months up front, as these will be the most critical time for getting the most out of the community. After that, you may continue to pay quarterly, switch to monthly, or discontinue your membership entirely if you wish. Payment can be made via Venmo, CashApp, or PayPal.
The initial cost is for one quarter: $35 × 3 = $105
How to get in
This is not an open community; because we are dedicated to quality over quantity, we cannot simply have a form where you enter your credit card details and automatically get added. We take on about 10 new men every month. If you would like us to add your name to the waiting-list, please enter your email address below, and we’ll send you a message as soon as a place opens up: